23 March 2013
Believe it or not, there actually were some brief moments of comic relief throughout this odyssey - starting when we got to Japan. Although I'm 1/2 Japanese, I can't speak any and after asking a few Narita airport employees for information, mom made the observation that the Japanese were looking at me strangely when I'd speak to them in English. We finally figured out that they must not have understood why someone who looked Japanese couldn't speak Japanese.
Then there was the time when mom and I tried to scoot past a drunk wedding party reception in our hotel's ballroom floor to get to the elevator. The crowd of boisterous party goers made mom extremely anxious so she latched onto my arm as we successfully moved behind the crowd that appeared to have no interest in the elevators. Because no one was facing the elevators and mom was so anxious, I tried to lighten the mood by asking, "So - what are the chances that all of these people are going to pile into our elevator?" Mom wasn't amused.
- Judicial Selection Commission Rules
- Hawaii State Salaries 2012: Hawaii Judiciary
- Bad Behavior Behind the Bench in Family Court
- Mediator Sues Nevada County Family Court
- A LIFE SENTENCE
- Pending state bill would allow lawsuit against former Family Court Judge Bryan Hedges
- Time's Up! - Part 2
- Time's Up! - Part 1
- To Catch Government Workers With Ties to Child Porn, Call the IRS
- Family Court Judge Kim Seager accused of placing kids in dangerous homes